Considering my prior discussion about the Texas State Board of Education and TEKS standards revision process in “Texas: Butt of many jokes” and “Illusion of Inclusion”. Looking forward to seeing the The Revisionaries when it comes back to Austin in a few weeks. Note: Also see the NAACP’s request for a compliance review of Texas standards and educational policy issues here.
You are here: Home » Pop the Popcorn: The Revisionaries
Author:Julian Vasquez HeiligJulian Vasquez Heilig is currently an Associate Professor of Educational Policy and Planning and African and African Diaspora Studies (by courtesy) at the University of Texas at Austin.
Search Cloaking Inequity
- Children Psychologically Imprisoned?: Whistleblower Reveals High-Stakes Testing Preparation November 14, 2013
- Weekend Fun: Happy Birthday Diane Ravitch! June 28, 2013
- Parent Horror Stories from BASIS: Corporate Charter Hurting Children? June 8, 2014
- “Diversity is Hard”: Will Charter Schools In Your Locale Choose Equity? November 11, 2013
- Tell-All From A TFA and KIPP Teacher: Unprepared, Isolation, Shame, and Burnout December 29, 2013
- Just like the Crayons in our logo, NPE recently became more colorful August 17, 2014
- Help!, Vote for Next Post: Who Should be Responded to First!? August 14, 2014
- Breaking News: @MichelleRhee (Johnson) Continues to Spread Fertilizer August 13, 2014
- A Message to Democrats (and Republicans too) about Education Reform August 12, 2014
- To ALEC in Texas: School Vouchers are Poppycock July 29, 2014
- Navid: What a pleasure to find someone who idetiifnes the...
- Elyza: I found myself nodding my noggin all the way thugh...
- Educational Policy Information: […] By Julian Vasquez Heilig It’s comi...
- Joan Kramer: Julian - just write what you want to write....
- Julian Vasquez Heilig: They didn't do their homework. Here is a recent pe...
Accountability ACT ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Arne Duncan Attrition Barack Obama Charters Charter Schools Chile Community-Based Accountability Diane Ravitch Dropout Emergency Legislation English Language Learners featured George W. Bush Great Hearts Academies High-Stakes Testing Houston Jeb Bush KIPP Michelle Rhee National Education Policy Center NCLB NEPC Network for Public Education No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Privatization Rick Perry Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Vouchers
In the Community
Accountability African Americans Announcements Breaking News Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access International Comparative KIPP Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger Quotes School Finance School Turnaround Segregation Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Twitterverse Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom