Considering my prior discussion about the Texas State Board of Education and TEKS standards revision process in “Texas: Butt of many jokes” and “Illusion of Inclusion”. Looking forward to seeing the The Revisionaries when it comes back to Austin in a few weeks. Note: Also see the NAACP’s request for a compliance review of Texas standards and educational policy issues here.
You are here: Home » Pop the Popcorn: The Revisionaries
Author:Julian Vasquez HeiligJulian Vasquez Heilig is currently an Associate Professor of Educational Policy and Planning and African and African Diaspora Studies (by courtesy) at the University of Texas at Austin.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Search Cloaking Inequity
- The Teat: IRS Loopholes/Conspiracy Benefitting School "Reformers"? wp.me/p2D92I-1kE @JasStanford @DianeRavitch @rolandsmartin 1 hour ago
- Bill Reducing Testing for Lower Grades Clears Senate and puts the Texas RSD back on the table!? trib.it/13JXGPQ via @TexasTribune 11 hours ago
- RSD State Takeover of Schools & Handover to Private Operators Defeated shar.es/ZwB3N Thank you @RepWalle !! wp.me/p2D92I-1jB 11 hours ago
- RT @jerseyjazzman: @EduShyster From @ProfessorJVH cloakinginequity.com/2013/04/30/blo… TFA says they are ALMOST as important as Brown v BOE: humble as Al… 12 hours ago
- RT @EduShyster: @jerseyjazzman Nice companion piece 2 ur #greatwhitehope post from @ProfessorJVH cloakinginequity.com/2013/04/30/blo… 12 hours ago
- The Inside Story of The Harvard Dissertation That Became Too Racist For Heritage thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/0… via @thinkprogress 15 hours ago
- Check out Cloaking Inequity's new Community Quilt The subscribers included are randomly selected each day. Thanks for reading. #schoolreform 15 hours ago
- RT @RevDrJayme: The educational circus in LA & soon perhaps in TX. MT @ProfessorJVH: Recovery district approach: A P.T. Barnum Circus http:… 22 hours ago
- RT @LucyFlores: .@vivaserafina @professorjvh @thegachair @sendebbiesmith @andy_eisen @WILLIAMHORNENV jury still out-data good/bad.Not enuf … 22 hours ago
- RT @mcleod: WTF: USA #edreform arguments are antithesis of Finland | @professorjvh bit.ly/165Egsf cc @terrybranstad #iaedfuture #ia… 22 hours ago
- RT @HispanicCaucus: 1200 Harvard students signed a petition demanding a probe into how Richwine's dissertation could be approved at... http… 23 hours ago
- When TPPF supports a Dems ed bill. You know something has gone sideways: texaspolicy.com/press/tppf-sup… #txlege #edreform #sb1718 1 day ago
- Education Outcomes: Texas vs. California vs. New York vs. Nation September 27, 2012
- Lurking in the Bushes: Peeking at Florida Education Miracle November 28, 2012
- Why judges say charters are NOT public schools— students and parents should be nervous January 2, 2013
- MSNBC Education Nation 2012 Part II: Demanding accountability from charters September 26, 2012
- Letter to Civil Rights and school “choice” advocate (p.s. neoliberals skip this) March 29, 2013
- The Teat: IRS Loopholes/Conspiracy Benefitting School “Reformers”? May 22, 2013
- LA and the Recovery School District approach (SB1718): A P.T. Barnum Circus May 21, 2013
- New Orleans' Recovery School District: The Lie Unveiled May 21, 2013
- Walking Away From High Stakes Tests, A Noble Lie May 20, 2013
- Kiss Michelle Rhee Goodbye May 19, 2013
- Jon Awbrey: It's an udder disgrace ......
- Jesse Sandschaper: Just a short point , STRIVE prep and West Denver P...
- The Teat: IRS Loopholes/Conspiracy Benefitting School “Reformers”? | Cloaking Inequity: […] Is this due to error or design? (See Clo...
- The Teat: IRS Loopholes/Conspiracy Benefitting School “Reformers”? | Cloaking Inequity: […] The IRS notes that nonprofit charitable ...
- The Teat: IRS Loopholes/Conspiracy Benefitting School “Reformers”? | Cloaking Inequity: […] Under the guise of many nonprofit, publi...
Accountability ACT Affirmative Action African American ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Arne Duncan Attrition Charters Charter Schools Chile Community-Based Accountability Dan Patrick Dropout Emergency Legislation Florida Miracle George W. Bush High-Stakes Testing Houston Jeb Bush Jonathan Alter KIPP Knowledge is Power Program Michelle Rhee NCLB NEPC No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Rick Perry Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Senator Dan Patrick Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Urban Schools Vouchers
In the Community
Accountability African Americans Announcements Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access KIPP Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger School Finance School Turnaround Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom