My sources tell me that TFA will release a study on its Texas operation next week by Edvance Research Inc. (Yes, that same Edvance that Sandy Kress lobbies for). Of course it says TFA is awesome. Once it is publicly released, Cloaking Inequity will be on the case and evaluate its methodology, data, and findings.
You are here: Home » Is Teach For America “awesome”?
Author:Julian Vasquez HeiligJulian Vasquez Heilig is an award-winning researcher and teacher. He is currently a Professor of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies and the Director of the Doctorate in Educational Leadership at California State Sacramento.
Search Cloaking Inequity
CSG West Annual Meeting
Education and Workforce Committee PresentationJuly 30th, 2015
3 days to go.
NOLA Education Research Conference
TFA RoundtableAugust 4th, 2015
8 days to go.
Cambridge Forum (Radio Version)
- Children Psychologically Imprisoned?: Whistleblower Reveals High-Stakes Testing Preparation November 14, 2013
- Weekend Fun: Happy Birthday Diane Ravitch! June 28, 2013
- Parent Horror Stories from BASIS: Corporate Charter Hurting Children? June 8, 2014
- Tell-All From A TFA and KIPP Teacher: Unprepared, Isolation, Shame, and Burnout December 29, 2013
- Teach For America: A Return to the Evidence (The Sequel) January 7, 2014
- Opposite of Equity: TFA Attempts Narrative Control July 26, 2015
- Rebecca’s letter to new #TeachForAmerica recruits #NN15 July 17, 2015
- Education Health ALERT!: United Nations warns GERMs spreading worldwide #NN15 July 15, 2015
- Revisiting the Hullabaloo about the Civil War, Slavery, and Racism in Textbooks and Standards July 10, 2015
- Common Core & Chaos in Computerized Testing: Are New Assessments Valid, Reliable, Secure, Accessible, and Fair? July 3, 2015
- dolphin: Reblogged this on Dolphin and commented: A brave ...
- Lloyd Lofthouse: Reblogged this on Crazy Normal - the Classroom Exp...
- Don Corley: A very informative, eye-opening, thought-proviking...
- Perry: Be aware that if a protected population (minority,...
- MB Franzeo: I'm sorry about the disappointed TFA members and l...
#ResistTFA Accountability ACT ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Arne Duncan Attrition Barack Obama Charters Charter Schools Chicago Chile Common Core Standards Community-Based Accountability Diane Ravitch Dropout Emergency Legislation English Language Learners George W. Bush Great Hearts Academies High-Stakes Testing Jeb Bush KIPP Michelle Rhee National Education Policy Center NCLB NEPC Network for Public Education No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Rick Perry SAT School Choice School Finance Sen Dan Patrick Special Education STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Vouchers
Accountability African Americans Announcements Breaking News Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Curriculum Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access International Comparative KIPP Labor Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger School Finance School Turnaround Segregation Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Twitterverse Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom