An “oldie, but a goodie” article from the New York Times about charter schools and at-risk students. An excerpt: … Julian Vasquez Heilig, a professor at the University of Texas College of Education who studies how incentive systems affect student achievement, said his research had found a higher dropout rate for all charters — not just those that […]
Tag Archives: Dropouts
You are here: Home » Dropouts
Search Cloaking Inequity
- RT @TXKidsCantWait: Education Spending Per Student Fell For First Time in 2011 - Governing bit.ly/121dgJa #dontcutkids 42 minutes ago
- RT @TXparentsunion: MT @kystokes: Why IN state lawmakers threw out the brand new A-F school rating system n.pr/16QwCS2 #TXed #txl… 42 minutes ago
- Questions about Forces Determined to Segregate Higher Education wp.me/p2D92I-1hs @SenRoyceWest @SenatorSylvia @RodneyEllis @MALCTx 1 hour ago
- Want less testing? (15 to 5), Let them eat charters. shar.es/ZiE7P @DianeRavitch @alexanderrusso @JasStanford @TAMSATX @EdFocus 1 hour ago
- RT @TheRealMsMurphy: From the Mailbag: Microaggressed about "Merit" Apartheid: wp.me/p2D92I-1fn via @ProfessorJVH 15 hours ago
- RT @mabateclark: The Teat: IRS Loopholes/Conspiracy Benefitting School "Reformers"?: wp.me/p2D92I-1kE via @ProfessorJVH There is a c… 15 hours ago
- The Teat: IRS Loopholes/Conspiracy Benefitting School "Reformers"? wp.me/p2D92I-1kE @JasStanford @DianeRavitch @rolandsmartin 1 day ago
- Bill Reducing Testing for Lower Grades Clears Senate and puts the Texas RSD back on the table!? trib.it/13JXGPQ via @TexasTribune 1 day ago
- RSD State Takeover of Schools & Handover to Private Operators Defeated shar.es/ZwB3N Thank you @RepWalle !! wp.me/p2D92I-1jB 1 day ago
- RT @jerseyjazzman: @EduShyster From @ProfessorJVH cloakinginequity.com/2013/04/30/blo… TFA says they are ALMOST as important as Brown v BOE: humble as Al… 1 day ago
- RT @EduShyster: @jerseyjazzman Nice companion piece 2 ur #greatwhitehope post from @ProfessorJVH cloakinginequity.com/2013/04/30/blo… 1 day ago
- The Inside Story of The Harvard Dissertation That Became Too Racist For Heritage thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/0… via @thinkprogress 1 day ago
- Education Outcomes: Texas vs. California vs. New York vs. Nation September 27, 2012
- Lurking in the Bushes: Peeking at Florida Education Miracle November 28, 2012
- Why judges say charters are NOT public schools— students and parents should be nervous January 2, 2013
- Letter to Civil Rights and school “choice” advocate (p.s. neoliberals skip this) March 29, 2013
- MSNBC Education Nation 2012 Part II: Demanding accountability from charters September 26, 2012
- Rejoinder to Questions about Forces Determined to Segregate Higher Education May 23, 2013
- The Teat: IRS Loopholes/Conspiracy Benefitting School “Reformers”? May 22, 2013
- LA and the Recovery School District approach (SB1718): A P.T. Barnum Circus May 21, 2013
- New Orleans' Recovery School District: The Lie Unveiled May 21, 2013
- Walking Away From High Stakes Tests, A Noble Lie May 20, 2013
- drbarbv: It's quite an entrenched network....
- Monty J. Thornburg: Disturbing - Greasing the palms of Oligarchs, the ...
- drbarbv: Like the cow reference. Sent from my iPhone...
- drbarbv: I noticed that; but it's interesting because on th...
- Jon Awbrey: It's an udder disgrace ......
Accountability ACT Affirmative Action African American ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Arne Duncan Attrition Charters Charter Schools Chile Community-Based Accountability Dan Patrick Dropout Emergency Legislation Florida Miracle George W. Bush High-Stakes Testing Houston Jeb Bush Jonathan Alter KIPP Knowledge is Power Program Michelle Rhee NCLB NEPC No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Rick Perry Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Senator Dan Patrick Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Urban Schools Vouchers
In the Community
Accountability African Americans Announcements Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access KIPP Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger School Finance School Turnaround Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom