The common refrain is that charter schools are public schools. Critics, such as Diane Ravitch, have said that charter schools accept public money but act private. I have levied a variety of critiques at charters (Even made Jonathan Alter a little bit mad) despite the fact that I was an instructor at an Aspire charter […]
Tag Archives: due process in charters
You are here: Home » due process in charters
Search Cloaking Inequity
University of Arkansas
Lecture: Studying reform using critical policy analysisMay 1st, 2014
8 days to go.
- Children Psychologically Imprisoned?: Whistleblower Reveals High-Stakes Testing Preparation November 14, 2013
- Weekend Fun: Happy Birthday Diane Ravitch! June 28, 2013
- “Diversity is Hard”: Will Charter Schools In Your Locale Choose Equity? November 11, 2013
- New Mathematica TFA Study is Irrational Exuberance September 12, 2013
- Tell-All From A TFA and KIPP Teacher: Unprepared, Isolation, Shame, and Burnout December 29, 2013
- The “War Report” Radio Show: False Promise of NCLB for Public Education April 24, 2014
- A New Plan: College for Free!? (Mark Cuban is Paying…) April 23, 2014
- NCAA Bans K12 Inc. Online Charters: No Rose Bowl, No Final Four April 22, 2014
- At Shanker: Are Americans (and Texans) as Stupid as the Media Tells Us We Are? April 17, 2014
- A Refresher: What is Community-Based Accountability? April 15, 2014
- Sara Goldrick-Rab (@saragoldrickrab): Dale: (1) MOOCS are not college, do not pretend to...
- Dale: - College education is already free -- online. edx...
- Sara Goldrick-Rab (@saragoldrickrab): So Don, the question is, are you going to stand wi...
- College for Free!? (Mark Cuban is Paying…) | Educational Policy Information: […] Julian Vasquez Heilig College is expensi...
- Don Heller: Get ready for the pushback from the private NFP an...
Accountability ACT African American ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Arne Duncan Attrition Barack Obama Charters Charter Schools Chile Community-Based Accountability Dallas ISD Diane Ravitch Dropout Emergency Legislation English Language Learners Great Hearts Academies High-Stakes Testing Houston Jeb Bush KIPP Michelle Rhee National Education Policy Center NCLB NEPC Network for Public Education No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Privatization Rick Perry Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Vouchers
In the Community
Accountability African Americans Announcements Breaking News Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access International Comparative KIPP Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger Quotes School Finance School Turnaround Segregation Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Twitterverse Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom