The common refrain is that charter schools are public schools. Critics, such as Diane Ravitch, have said that charter schools accept public money but act private. I have levied a variety of critiques at charters (Even made Jonathan Alter a little bit mad) despite the fact that I was an instructor at an Aspire charter […]
Tag Archives: due process in charters
You are here: Home » due process in charters
Search Cloaking Inequity
IDRA ELL Conference
San Antonio, TXFebruary 1st, 2015
7 days to go.
- Children Psychologically Imprisoned?: Whistleblower Reveals High-Stakes Testing Preparation November 14, 2013
- Weekend Fun: Happy Birthday Diane Ravitch! June 28, 2013
- Parent Horror Stories from BASIS: Corporate Charter Hurting Children? June 8, 2014
- Tell-All From A TFA and KIPP Teacher: Unprepared, Isolation, Shame, and Burnout December 29, 2013
- “Diversity is Hard”: Will Charter Schools In Your Locale Choose Equity? November 11, 2013
- “We only have books about African Americans in February”: Be an eloquent radical January 20, 2015
- Who’s Afraid of Music?: Arizona Racial Politics Gets Insane (Again!) via @IAmKRSOne @RATM January 6, 2015
- Students MUST be heard!!: Policymakers and educators should listen January 5, 2015
- Happy New Year!: 2014 Education Reform in Review (your champagne break) January 1, 2015
- It’s That Time: 2015 New Year’s Resolutions for Education December 23, 2014
- Darryl: I agree with Lisa. Basis is not about pandering t...
- “We only have books about African Americans in February”: Be an eloquent radical | Cloaking Inequity: […] should honor MLK by remembering him For ...
- “We only have books about African Americans in February”: Be an eloquent radical | Cloaking Inequity: […] the word civil rights been co-opted in o...
- “We only have books about African Americans in February”: Be an eloquent radical | Cloaking Inequity: […] about MLK on MLK day? Do I live in Arizo...
- Monica: Angry, that may be a huge difference between Basi...
Accountability ACT ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Arne Duncan Attrition Barack Obama Charters Charter Schools Chicago Chile Community-Based Accountability Diane Ravitch Dropout Emergency Legislation English Language Learners featured George W. Bush Great Hearts Academies High-Stakes Testing Jeb Bush KIPP Michelle Rhee National Education Policy Center NCLB NEPC Network for Public Education No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Privatization Rick Perry Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Vouchers
Accountability African Americans Announcements Breaking News Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access International Comparative KIPP Labor Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger Quotes School Finance School Turnaround Segregation Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Twitterverse Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom