The common refrain is that charter schools are public schools. Critics, such as Diane Ravitch, have said that charter schools accept public money but act private. I have levied a variety of critiques at charters (Even made Jonathan Alter a little bit mad) despite the fact that I was an instructor at an Aspire charter […]
Tag Archives: due process in charters
You are here: Home » due process in charters
- RT @RevDrJayme: The educational circus in LA & soon perhaps in TX. MT @ProfessorJVH: Recovery district approach: A P.T. Barnum Circus http:… 2 hours ago
- RT @LucyFlores: .@vivaserafina @professorjvh @thegachair @sendebbiesmith @andy_eisen @WILLIAMHORNENV jury still out-data good/bad.Not enuf … 2 hours ago
- RT @mcleod: WTF: USA #edreform arguments are antithesis of Finland | @professorjvh bit.ly/165Egsf cc @terrybranstad #iaedfuture #ia… 2 hours ago
- RT @HispanicCaucus: 1200 Harvard students signed a petition demanding a probe into how Richwine's dissertation could be approved at... http… 3 hours ago
- When TPPF supports a Dems ed bill. You know something has gone sideways: texaspolicy.com/press/tppf-sup… #txlege #edreform #sb1718 5 hours ago
- RT @TPPF: TPPF supports the passage of CSSB 1718 which would create "Achievement School Districts" texaspolicy.com/press/tppf-sup… #txlege #edreform 5 hours ago
- RT @TXKidsCantWait: What’s wrong with school ‘choice’? Here’s what. - David Pickler - Wash Post wapo.st/10i0zTP 5 hours ago
- Pearson never misses on opportunity jasonstanford.org/2013/05/pearso… 6 hours ago
- Why Does Experience Matter in Every Field But Teaching? wp.me/p2odLa-3vA via @DianeRavitch 6 hours ago
- RT @realsaramerica: @ProfessorJVH Ironic that Paul Vallas, who started the NOLA RSD circus, has ended up in PT Barnum's hometown, Bridgepor… 6 hours ago
- Education Outcomes: Texas vs. California vs. New York vs. Nation September 27, 2012
- Lurking in the Bushes: Peeking at Florida Education Miracle November 28, 2012
- Why judges say charters are NOT public schools— students and parents should be nervous January 2, 2013
- MSNBC Education Nation 2012 Part II: Demanding accountability from charters September 26, 2012
- Letter to Civil Rights and school “choice” advocate (p.s. neoliberals skip this) March 29, 2013
- LA and the Recovery School District approach (SB1718): A P.T. Barnum Circus May 21, 2013
- New Orleans' Recovery School District: The Lie Unveiled May 21, 2013
- Walking Away From High Stakes Tests, A Noble Lie May 20, 2013
- Kiss Michelle Rhee Goodbye May 19, 2013
- Los Chistes: “Say Hello to My Little Friend” May 17, 2013
- Monty J. Thornburg: A Blog post above suggests commenting on the victi...
- Monty J. Thornburg: Broken Clock Even a broken clock is right a coupl...
- geauxteacher: "Here is what is interesting about Louisiana that ...
- crazycrawfish: Reblogged this on Crazy Crawfish's Blog and c...
- LA and the Recovery School District approach (SB1718): A P.T. Barnum Circus | Cloaking Inequity: […] so the student stops getting counted in ...
Accountability ACT Affirmative Action African American ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Arne Duncan Attrition Charters Charter Schools Chile Community-Based Accountability Dan Patrick Dropout Emergency Legislation Florida Miracle George W. Bush High-Stakes Testing Houston Jeb Bush Jonathan Alter KIPP Knowledge is Power Program Michelle Rhee NCLB NEPC No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Rick Perry Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Senator Dan Patrick Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Urban Schools Vouchers
In the Community
Accountability African Americans Announcements Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access KIPP Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger School Finance School Turnaround Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom