There have been several articles describing the “Don’t Mess with Texas Revolt” against its own approach to high-stakes testing and accountability that was legislated in No Child Left Behind. Many Texans, regardless of their political stripes, are fed up with the current approach to high-stakes testing and accountability birthed here in the Lone Star State. There […]
Tag Archives: Education: Texas
You are here: Home » Education: Texas
Search Cloaking Inequity
- CTU's Karen Lewis rips Emanuel's 'elite' advisers chicagotribune.com/news/politics/… 18 hours ago
- RT @kjopowicz: Must read about #edreform fail @harvinmoore School Turnaround: Calling the Bluff of Accountability: wp.me/p2D92I-1pK v… 1 day ago
- RT @Larryferlazzo: The Best Articles, Videos & Posts On Education Policy In 2013 – So Far larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/2013/06/18/the… 1 day ago
- RT @realsaramerica: @tbeckett @ProfessorJVH @LULAC @MALCTx @EvaLongoria @MALDEF @Maria_Hinojosa Don't let "facts" get in way of revisionist… 1 day ago
- RT @uceacastle: CASTLE Blogs: School Turnaround: Calling the Bluff of Accountability - goo.gl/tGdxd - via @ProfessorJVH 1 day ago
- Gov Perry line item vetoed funding for Mexican American studies at UT-Austin on Friday. @LULAC @MALCTx @EvaLongoria @MALDEF @Maria_Hinojosa 1 day ago
- RT @m_bushman: Growing U.S. re-segregation, including by language, has stark consequences new study finds: wp.me/p2D92I-1oD via @Prof… 1 day ago
- RT @kjopowicz: Must read from @ProfessorJVH at UT-Austin. Beware Rod Paige, missing Paul Wellstone: cloakinginequity.com/2013/06/16/sec… 1 day ago
- School Turnaround: Calling the Bluff of Accountability? wp.me/p2D92I-1pK @arneduncan @alexanderrusso @katealexander @DianeRavitch 1 day ago
- Second grader in wheelchair set apart from classmates in school photo :( shine.yahoo.com/parenting/seco… 1 day ago
- RT @UT_DDCE: Expansive School Segregation in Texas: Predicts Accountability Rating: wp.me/p2D92I-1oD via one of our faculty fellows @… 2 days ago
- Ms. Utah weighs in on gender wage inequity npr.org/blogs/thetwo-w… #Missusa #utah 2 days ago
- Education Outcomes: Texas vs. California vs. New York vs. Nation September 27, 2012
- Lurking in the Bushes: Peeking at Florida Education Miracle November 28, 2012
- Letter to Civil Rights and school “choice” advocate (p.s. neoliberals skip this) March 29, 2013
- Why judges say charters are NOT public schools— students and parents should be nervous January 2, 2013
- Why do hedge funds ADORE charters? October 23, 2012
- School Turnaround: Calling the Bluff of Accountability? June 18, 2013
- Sec. Paige vs. Sen. Wellstone: Testing, Accountability, and Prophetic Pronouncements June 16, 2013
- Expansive School Segregation in Texas: Predicts Accountability Rating June 14, 2013
- Education Spring 25,000 strong and counting June 13, 2013
- Taking tests, to test, to see if students are ready for the test June 11, 2013
- Denise Hull: The problem with the reform of schools is that the...
- Bradley W Davis (@bwdatx): Congrats to you, Dr. Hamilton, and Dr. Pazey on th...
- School Turnaround: Calling the Bluff of Accountability? | Cloaking Inequity ← NPE News Briefs: […] Click here to read the entire article vi...
- Brandy Alexander: I agree that when used correctly can be a great he...
- Brandy Alexander: With such a quick turnaround rate as these restruc...
Accountability ACT Affirmative Action African American ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Arne Duncan Attrition Charters Charter Schools Chile Community-Based Accountability Dan Patrick Dropout Emergency Legislation Florida Miracle George W. Bush High-Stakes Testing Houston Jeb Bush Jonathan Alter KIPP Knowledge is Power Program Michelle Rhee NCLB NEPC No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Rick Perry Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Senator Dan Patrick Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Urban Schools Vouchers
In the Community
Accountability African Americans Announcements Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access KIPP Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger School Finance School Turnaround Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom