The common refrain is that charter schools are public schools. Critics, such as Diane Ravitch, have said that charter schools accept public money but act private. I have levied a variety of critiques at charters (Even made Jonathan Alter a little bit mad) despite the fact that I was an instructor at an Aspire charter […]
Tag Archives: Erica Frankenberg
You are here: Home » Erica Frankenberg
Search Cloaking Inequity
- Tennessee Charters (KIPP) Lose Struggling Students Before State Tests wp.me/p2odLa-4Oh via @DianeRavitch 2 hours ago
- Time to Stop Waiting for Superman huffingtonpost.com/jason-stanford… via @huffingtonpost 7 hours ago
- Is the "Reform" Movement Based on the Soviet Model? wp.me/p2odLa-4OM via @DianeRavitch 8 hours ago
- Ann Arbor to lay off hundreds of teachers annarbor.com/news/education… … @mdawriter @DennisVanRoekel #michigan @rweingarten #blamewheredue 9 hours ago
- Dump tests into harbor Half UK's Pearson profits come from U.S. reut.rs/121cBHE @TAMSATX @WendyDavisTexas @DianeRavitch @JasStanford 10 hours ago
- What do Ann Arbor and Buena Vista MI school crises have in common? A leg that cut $2 BILLION from ed. @rweingarten @mdawriter #blamewheredue 10 hours ago
- RT @TXKidsCantWait: Education Spending Per Student Fell For First Time in 2011 - Governing bit.ly/121dgJa #dontcutkids 11 hours ago
- RT @TXparentsunion: MT @kystokes: Why IN state lawmakers threw out the brand new A-F school rating system n.pr/16QwCS2 #TXed #txl… 11 hours ago
- Questions about Forces Determined to Segregate Higher Education wp.me/p2D92I-1hs @SenRoyceWest @SenatorSylvia @RodneyEllis @MALCTx 11 hours ago
- Want less testing? (15 to 5), Let them eat charters. shar.es/ZiE7P @DianeRavitch @alexanderrusso @JasStanford @TAMSATX @EdFocus 12 hours ago
- RT @TheRealMsMurphy: From the Mailbag: Microaggressed about "Merit" Apartheid: wp.me/p2D92I-1fn via @ProfessorJVH 1 day ago
- RT @mabateclark: The Teat: IRS Loopholes/Conspiracy Benefitting School "Reformers"?: wp.me/p2D92I-1kE via @ProfessorJVH There is a c… 1 day ago
- Education Outcomes: Texas vs. California vs. New York vs. Nation September 27, 2012
- Lurking in the Bushes: Peeking at Florida Education Miracle November 28, 2012
- Letter to Civil Rights and school “choice” advocate (p.s. neoliberals skip this) March 29, 2013
- MSNBC Education Nation 2012 Part II: Demanding accountability from charters September 26, 2012
- Why judges say charters are NOT public schools— students and parents should be nervous January 2, 2013
- Rejoinder to Questions about Forces Determined to Segregate Higher Education May 23, 2013
- The Teat: IRS Loopholes/Conspiracy Benefitting School “Reformers”? May 22, 2013
- LA and the Recovery School District approach (SB1718): A P.T. Barnum Circus May 21, 2013
- New Orleans' Recovery School District: The Lie Unveiled May 21, 2013
- Walking Away From High Stakes Tests, A Noble Lie May 20, 2013
- Rejoinder to Questions about Forces Determined to Segregate Higher Education? | Cloaking Inequity: […] research institutions (see Vasquez Heili...
- Rejoinder to Questions about Forces Determined to Segregate Higher Education? | Cloaking Inequity: […] the post “Merit” Apartheid: Forces ...
- drbarbv: It's quite an entrenched network....
- Monty J. Thornburg: Disturbing - Greasing the palms of Oligarchs, the ...
- drbarbv: Like the cow reference. Sent from my iPhone...
Accountability ACT Affirmative Action African American ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Arne Duncan Attrition Charters Charter Schools Chile Community-Based Accountability Dan Patrick Dropout Emergency Legislation Florida Miracle George W. Bush High-Stakes Testing Houston Jeb Bush Jonathan Alter KIPP Knowledge is Power Program Michelle Rhee NCLB NEPC No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Rick Perry Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Senator Dan Patrick Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Urban Schools Vouchers
In the Community
Accountability African Americans Announcements Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access KIPP Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger School Finance School Turnaround Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom