Unbeknownst to some, current “reform” efforts are interconnected. One example is Teach for America and IDEA charter schools (KIPP is another corporate charter management organization started by former TFAers). IDEA was founded in 2000 by Tom Torkelson and JoAnn Gama, TFA corps members. How about a little nepotism for TFAers at IDEA? TFA also gave out awards to IDEA’s TFAers. IDEA is often in the […]
Tag Archives: IDEA public schools
You are here: Home » IDEA public schools
Search Cloaking Inequity
- Children Psychologically Imprisoned?: Whistleblower Reveals High-Stakes Testing Preparation November 14, 2013
- Weekend Fun: Happy Birthday Diane Ravitch! June 28, 2013
- Education Outcomes: Texas vs. California vs. New York vs. Nation September 27, 2012
- New Mathematica TFA Study is Irrational Exuberance September 12, 2013
- Huggy, Snuggly, Cuddly: Teach For America and Mathematica September 21, 2013
- High-Stakes Decisions: The Legal Landscape of Exit Exams Required to Graduate December 9, 2013
- Naughty List?: Thoughts on Texas Legislature, KIPP, Carstarphen, and College December 5, 2013
- Sneak Preview: How Citizens Can Hold Teach For America Accountable December 4, 2013
- Champagne! Celebration!: Thank You Education Policy Analysis Archives Readers December 2, 2013
- Vote for 2013 Educational Policy Turkey of the Year Award November 26, 2013
- David Haller: When teacher evaluations are tied to student profi...
- Monty J. Thornburg, Ph.D.: The statistics presented on disparities with poor,...
- camb888: How interesting is this? Seems to go against the ...
- High-Stakes Decisions: The Legal Landscape of Exit Exams Required to Graduate | Cloaking Inequity: […] See also: Walking Away From High Stakes ...
- Laura Clawson: What About Charters for Rich White Kids? | Diane Ravitch's blog: […] learn more about BASIS, read Julian Vasq...
Accountability ACT African American Arne Duncan Attrition Barack Obama Charters Charter Schools Chile Community-Based Accountability Dan Patrick Diane Ravitch Dropout Emergency Legislation English Language Learners Great Hearts Academies High-Stakes Testing Houston Jeb Bush KIPP Knowledge is Power Program Michelle Rhee NCLB NEPC No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Privatization Rick Perry San Antonio Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Segregation Senator Dan Patrick Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Vouchers
In the Community
Accountability African Americans Announcements Breaking News Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access KIPP Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger Quotes School Finance School Turnaround Segregation Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Twitterverse Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom