There have been several articles describing the “Don’t Mess with Texas Revolt” against its own approach to high-stakes testing and accountability that was legislated in No Child Left Behind. Many Texans, regardless of their political stripes, are fed up with the current approach to high-stakes testing and accountability birthed here in the Lone Star State. There […]
Tag Archives: Jason Stanford
You are here: Home » Jason Stanford
Search Cloaking Inequity
- RT @DianeRavitch: Why Did David Letterman Invite Only TFA for Teacher Appreciation Week? wp.me/p2odLa-4PK 21 minutes ago
- RT @leoniehaimson: More controversy latest #parenttrigger in LA; 21 of 22 teachers ask to transfer out as principal ousted;parents upset ht… 25 minutes ago
- Legal Ed Fund for H.S. and Law students lnkd.in/ia-fg2 @SenRoyceWest @RodneyEllis @SylvesterTurner @NAACP @Soledad_OBrien 6 hours ago
- Legal Ed Fund for H.S. and Law students lnkd.in/ia-fg2 @MALCTx @MALDEF @HispanEduca @HispanicTalent @HispanicEd @HispanicCaucus 6 hours ago
- TX legislators reach agreement on testing, graduation plans shar.es/Z9ck6 8 hours ago
- RT @blogdiva: btw @EvaLongoria from a fellow Latin American Studies MPhil (1998 NYU) CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR M.A. IN CHICANO STUDIES!!! *th… 9 hours ago
- RT @skrashen: Jesse Jackson: Child poverty is the real scandal tinyurl.com/ppdkl7h 9 hours ago
- Are we in a new era of politics where nothing of substance will get done unless one party controls House, Senate, and Presidency? 9 hours ago
- Mercedes Schneider Deconstructs the Hype about New Orleans wp.me/p2odLa-4JA via @DianeRavitch 10 hours ago
- RT @lopezgr88: Brilliant blog post by @ProfessorJVH on the reform spectacle in Louisiana. cloakinginequity.com/2013/05/21/la-… 10 hours ago
- RT @PedroANoguera: Support Chicago teachers in opposing Rahm Emanuel's school closures. Improve the schools don't close them! 10 hours ago
- RT @leoniehaimson: Video of protesters being thrown out of Chicago Schl board meeting where they voted for mass Schl closures http://t.co/U… 10 hours ago
- Education Outcomes: Texas vs. California vs. New York vs. Nation September 27, 2012
- Why judges say charters are NOT public schools— students and parents should be nervous January 2, 2013
- Lurking in the Bushes: Peeking at Florida Education Miracle November 28, 2012
- MSNBC Education Nation 2012 Part II: Demanding accountability from charters September 26, 2012
- Letter to Civil Rights and school “choice” advocate (p.s. neoliberals skip this) March 29, 2013
- The Teat: Is Leadership for Educational Equity getting TFA’s dirty work done? May 24, 2013
- Rejoinder to Questions about Forces Determined to Segregate Higher Education May 23, 2013
- The Teat: IRS Loopholes/Conspiracy Benefitting School “Reformers”? May 22, 2013
- LA and the Recovery School District approach (SB1718): A P.T. Barnum Circus May 21, 2013
- New Orleans' Recovery School District: The Lie Unveiled May 21, 2013
- Zane C. Wubbena: I'm developing a comprehensive list of these types...
- Wayne Au: What you describe is very close to the relationshi...
- Sylvia Jauregui: Hi Hannah! Thank you for the accolades and feedbac...
- Marcos Aguilar: We recently addressed this issue before current 12...
- Hannah: Hi SJ! Provocative article! I'm a TFA alum and f...
Accountability ACT Affirmative Action African American ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Arne Duncan Attrition Charters Charter Schools Chile Community-Based Accountability Dan Patrick Dropout Emergency Legislation Florida Miracle George W. Bush High-Stakes Testing Houston Jeb Bush Jonathan Alter KIPP Knowledge is Power Program Michelle Rhee NCLB NEPC No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Rick Perry Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Senator Dan Patrick Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Urban Schools Vouchers
In the Community
Accountability African Americans Announcements Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access KIPP Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger School Finance School Turnaround Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom