Unbeknownst to some, current “reform” efforts are interconnected. One example is Teach for America and IDEA charter schools (KIPP is another corporate charter management organization started by former TFAers). IDEA was founded in 2000 by Tom Torkelson and JoAnn Gama, TFA corps members. How about a little nepotism for TFAers at IDEA? TFA also gave out awards to IDEA’s TFAers. IDEA is often in the […]
Tag Archives: JoAnn Gama
You are here: Home » JoAnn Gama
Search Cloaking Inequity
University of Arkansas
Lecture: Studying reform using critical policy analysisMay 1st, 2014
8 days to go.
- Children Psychologically Imprisoned?: Whistleblower Reveals High-Stakes Testing Preparation November 14, 2013
- Weekend Fun: Happy Birthday Diane Ravitch! June 28, 2013
- “Diversity is Hard”: Will Charter Schools In Your Locale Choose Equity? November 11, 2013
- Tell-All From A TFA and KIPP Teacher: Unprepared, Isolation, Shame, and Burnout December 29, 2013
- New Mathematica TFA Study is Irrational Exuberance September 12, 2013
- A New Plan: College for Free!? (Mark Cuban is Paying…) April 23, 2014
- NCAA Bans K12 Inc. Online Charters: No Rose Bowl, No Final Four April 22, 2014
- At Shanker: Are Americans (and Texans) as Stupid as the Media Tells Us We Are? April 17, 2014
- A Refresher: What is Community-Based Accountability? April 15, 2014
- D.C. are you listening?: A New Local, Community-Based Approach for Accountability April 14, 2014
- Dale: - College education is already free -- online. edx...
- Sara Goldrick-Rab (@saragoldrickrab): So Don, the question is, are you going to stand wi...
- College for Free!? (Mark Cuban is Paying…) | Educational Policy Information: […] Julian Vasquez Heilig College is expensi...
- Don Heller: Get ready for the pushback from the private NFP an...
- Jon Awbrey: California had a First Year Free plan in the 60s. ...
Accountability ACT African American ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Arne Duncan Attrition Barack Obama Charters Charter Schools Chile Community-Based Accountability Dallas ISD Diane Ravitch Dropout Emergency Legislation English Language Learners Great Hearts Academies High-Stakes Testing Houston Jeb Bush KIPP Michelle Rhee National Education Policy Center NCLB NEPC Network for Public Education No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Privatization Rick Perry Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Vouchers
In the Community
Accountability African Americans Announcements Breaking News Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access International Comparative KIPP Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger Quotes School Finance School Turnaround Segregation Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Twitterverse Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom