The common refrain is that charter schools are public schools. Critics, such as Diane Ravitch, have said that charter schools accept public money but act private. I have levied a variety of critiques at charters (Even made Jonathan Alter a little bit mad) despite the fact that I was an instructor at an Aspire charter […]
Tag Archives: Julie Rowland.
You are here: Home » Julie Rowland.
Search Cloaking Inequity
Cambridge, MAMarch 8th, 2015
4 days to go.
A Core Conversation
SXSWedu: Reforming Charter ReformMarch 10th, 2015
6 days to go.
- Children Psychologically Imprisoned?: Whistleblower Reveals High-Stakes Testing Preparation November 14, 2013
- Weekend Fun: Happy Birthday Diane Ravitch! June 28, 2013
- Parent Horror Stories from BASIS: Corporate Charter Hurting Children? June 8, 2014
- Tell-All From A TFA and KIPP Teacher: Unprepared, Isolation, Shame, and Burnout December 29, 2013
- “Diversity is Hard”: Will Charter Schools In Your Locale Choose Equity? November 11, 2013
- What would you say to @TeachForAmerica recruiting letter? March 3, 2015
- Charters (Buicks) are Good Because They are Charters (Cars): DUH! February 27, 2015
- Sisters to Greeks in Open Letter: @TeachForAmerica is a Trojan Horse @SLG1990 #LGLOresistTFA February 20, 2015
- The Test: Bad News (civil rights facade) and Good News (local accountability) February 18, 2015
- From Teacher-of-the-Year: An Open Letter to Governor Walker February 11, 2015
- Donald Eismann: Thank you for this insight....
- Julian Vasquez Heilig: I'll write a post for you in the next few days....
- twinkie1cat: I knew all of one TFA who was any good. (Her partn...
- Emily: Julian, As a parent who lives in a neighborhood ...
- What would you say to @TeachForAmerica recruiting letter? | Cloaking Inequity: […] wonder if you’re running your students...
#ResistTFA Accountability ACT ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Arne Duncan Attrition Barack Obama Charters Charter Schools Chile Community-Based Accountability Diane Ravitch Dropout Emergency Legislation English Language Learners featured George W. Bush Great Hearts Academies High-Stakes Testing Jeb Bush KIPP Michelle Rhee National Education Policy Center NCLB NEPC Network for Public Education No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Privatization Rick Perry Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Vouchers
Accountability African Americans Announcements Breaking News Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access International Comparative KIPP Labor Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger Quotes School Finance School Turnaround Segregation Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Twitterverse Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom