The common refrain is that charter schools are public schools. Critics, such as Diane Ravitch, have said that charter schools accept public money but act private. I have levied a variety of critiques at charters (Even made Jonathan Alter a little bit mad) despite the fact that I was an instructor at an Aspire charter […]
Tag Archives: Ninth Circuit
You are here: Home » Ninth Circuit
Search Cloaking Inequity
- Let @GovernorPerry veto HB5 Then people on both sides of the highway, of the tracks, etc will be annoyed with him and TX tests. New Gov. 14. 11 hours ago
- RT @TXKidsCantWait: Gov. Perry threatens veto of HB 5 (testing bill) if Lege doesn’t pass voucher bills. Yeah, that’s democracy. New gov. I… 12 hours ago
- MN also nixes TFA funding washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-s… and cloakinginequity.com/category/teach… #TFA 12 hours ago
- RT @NEPCtweet: Welner explores shift from using testing as a measurement tool for students to using them as drivers of policy http://t.co/F… 13 hours ago
- RT @TXKidsCantWait: BOR: Why is Texans for Lawsuit Reform Negotiating Public Education Legislation? bit.ly/19bsATu 14 hours ago
- RT @DianeRavitch: Why Did David Letterman Invite Only TFA for Teacher Appreciation Week? wp.me/p2odLa-4PK 16 hours ago
- RT @leoniehaimson: More controversy latest #parenttrigger in LA; 21 of 22 teachers ask to transfer out as principal ousted;parents upset ht… 16 hours ago
- Legal Ed Fund for H.S. and Law students lnkd.in/ia-fg2 @SenRoyceWest @RodneyEllis @SylvesterTurner @NAACP @Soledad_OBrien 22 hours ago
- Legal Ed Fund for H.S. and Law students lnkd.in/ia-fg2 @MALCTx @MALDEF @HispanEduca @HispanicTalent @HispanicEd @HispanicCaucus 23 hours ago
- TX legislators reach agreement on testing, graduation plans shar.es/Z9ck6 1 day ago
- RT @blogdiva: btw @EvaLongoria from a fellow Latin American Studies MPhil (1998 NYU) CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR M.A. IN CHICANO STUDIES!!! *th… 1 day ago
- RT @skrashen: Jesse Jackson: Child poverty is the real scandal tinyurl.com/ppdkl7h 1 day ago
- Education Outcomes: Texas vs. California vs. New York vs. Nation September 27, 2012
- Why judges say charters are NOT public schools— students and parents should be nervous January 2, 2013
- Lurking in the Bushes: Peeking at Florida Education Miracle November 28, 2012
- MSNBC Education Nation 2012 Part II: Demanding accountability from charters September 26, 2012
- Letter to Civil Rights and school “choice” advocate (p.s. neoliberals skip this) March 29, 2013
- The Teat: Is Leadership for Educational Equity getting TFA’s dirty work done? May 24, 2013
- Rejoinder to Questions about Forces Determined to Segregate Higher Education May 23, 2013
- The Teat: IRS Loopholes/Conspiracy Benefitting School “Reformers”? May 22, 2013
- LA and the Recovery School District approach (SB1718): A P.T. Barnum Circus May 21, 2013
- New Orleans' Recovery School District: The Lie Unveiled May 21, 2013
- Lisa Stoneman: Reblogged this on Rise & Shine and commented: ...
- Monty J. Thornburg: "I’d be lying if I told you I wasn’t feeling o...
- Zane C. Wubbena: I'm developing a comprehensive list of these types...
- Wayne Au: What you describe is very close to the relationshi...
- Sylvia Jauregui: Hi Hannah! Thank you for the accolades and feedbac...
Accountability ACT Affirmative Action African American ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Arne Duncan Attrition Charters Charter Schools Chile Community-Based Accountability Dan Patrick Dropout Emergency Legislation Florida Miracle George W. Bush High-Stakes Testing Houston Jeb Bush Jonathan Alter KIPP Knowledge is Power Program Michelle Rhee NCLB NEPC No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Rick Perry Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Senator Dan Patrick Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Urban Schools Vouchers
In the Community
Accountability African Americans Announcements Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access KIPP Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger School Finance School Turnaround Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom