There have been several articles describing the “Don’t Mess with Texas Revolt” against its own approach to high-stakes testing and accountability that was legislated in No Child Left Behind. Many Texans, regardless of their political stripes, are fed up with the current approach to high-stakes testing and accountability birthed here in the Lone Star State. There […]
Tag Archives: Politics News
You are here: Home » Politics News
Search Cloaking Inequity
- Gov Perry line item vetoed funding for Mexican American studies at UT-Austin on Friday. @LULAC @MALCTx @EvaLongoria @MALDEF @Maria_Hinojosa 5 hours ago
- RT @m_bushman: Growing U.S. re-segregation, including by language, has stark consequences new study finds: wp.me/p2D92I-1oD via @Prof… 5 hours ago
- RT @kjopowicz: Must read from @ProfessorJVH at UT-Austin. Beware Rod Paige, missing Paul Wellstone: cloakinginequity.com/2013/06/16/sec… 5 hours ago
- School Turnaround: Calling the Bluff of Accountability? wp.me/p2D92I-1pK @arneduncan @alexanderrusso @katealexander @DianeRavitch 5 hours ago
- Second grader in wheelchair set apart from classmates in school photo :( shine.yahoo.com/parenting/seco… 6 hours ago
- RT @UT_DDCE: Expansive School Segregation in Texas: Predicts Accountability Rating: wp.me/p2D92I-1oD via one of our faculty fellows @… 21 hours ago
- Ms. Utah weighs in on gender wage inequity npr.org/blogs/thetwo-w… #Missusa #utah 1 day ago
- RT @susanoha: #CCSS claims "careful use of a large & growing body of evidence, including: scholarly research." Where's the research? Name t… 2 days ago
- Paige vs. Wellstone: Testing, Accountability, and Prophetic Pronouncements wp.me/p2D92I-1oM @rweingarten @SenSanders @JasStanford 2 days ago
- Sec. Paige vs. Sen. Wellstone: Testing, Accountability, and Prophetic Pronouncements wp.me/p2D92I-1oM @rolandsmartin @Soledad_OBrien 2 days ago
- Sec. Paige vs. Sen. Wellstone: Testing, Accountability, and Prophetic Pronouncements wp.me/p2D92I-1oM @Larryferlazzo @DianeRavitch 2 days ago
- Did you know 10% of all schls in Texas are majority ELL? wp.me/p2D92I-1oD @SenatorSylvia @SenatorLucio @CarlosUresti @leticiavdp 2 days ago
- Education Outcomes: Texas vs. California vs. New York vs. Nation September 27, 2012
- Lurking in the Bushes: Peeking at Florida Education Miracle November 28, 2012
- Letter to Civil Rights and school “choice” advocate (p.s. neoliberals skip this) March 29, 2013
- Why judges say charters are NOT public schools— students and parents should be nervous January 2, 2013
- Why do hedge funds ADORE charters? October 23, 2012
- School Turnaround: Calling the Bluff of Accountability? June 18, 2013
- Sec. Paige vs. Sen. Wellstone: Testing, Accountability, and Prophetic Pronouncements June 16, 2013
- Expansive School Segregation in Texas: Predicts Accountability Rating June 14, 2013
- Education Spring 25,000 strong and counting June 13, 2013
- Taking tests, to test, to see if students are ready for the test June 11, 2013
- Mike Bushman: In addition to the troubling effects on children a...
- Chad Foster: It is a crying shame. The vast majority of student...
- Sec. Paige vs. Sen. Wellstone: Testing, Accountability, and Prophetic Pronouncements | Cloaking Inequity ← NPE News Briefs: […] Click here to read the entire post, for ...
- Expansive School Segregation in Texas: Predicts Accountability Rating | Cloaking Inequity ← NPE News Briefs: […] Click here to read the entire post, for ...
- Sylvia Jauregui: At the time of this comment, 18.75% of people have...
Accountability ACT Affirmative Action African American ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Arne Duncan Attrition Charters Charter Schools Chile Community-Based Accountability Dan Patrick Dropout Emergency Legislation Florida Miracle George W. Bush High-Stakes Testing Houston Jeb Bush Jonathan Alter KIPP Knowledge is Power Program Michelle Rhee NCLB NEPC No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Rick Perry Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Senator Dan Patrick Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Urban Schools Vouchers
In the Community
Accountability African Americans Announcements Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access KIPP Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger School Finance School Turnaround Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom