There have been several articles describing the “Don’t Mess with Texas Revolt” against its own approach to high-stakes testing and accountability that was legislated in No Child Left Behind. Many Texans, regardless of their political stripes, are fed up with the current approach to high-stakes testing and accountability birthed here in the Lone Star State. There […]
Tag Archives: Tom Pauken
You are here: Home » Tom Pauken
- Teacher not a "good fit" for Apollo. Then given a $8,500 bonus by VAM myfoxhouston.com/story/22304284… @RepAlvarado145 @RepWalle @AnaHdzLuna 44 minutes ago
- Dear Governor @BrianSandoval, Independent TFA research and data not bought and paid for by TFA bit.ly/tfaresearch 2 hours ago
- Ind. TFA Rsrch bit.ly/tfaresearch @TheGAchair @sendebbiesmith @andy_eisen @LucyFlores @SenMRoberson @WILLIAMHORNENV @PatHickeyNevada 2 hours ago
- TFA battle in Nevada Legislature bit.ly/11Uc3TU 2 hours ago
- How Michelle Rhee Misled Education Reform newrepublic.com/article/113096… 19 hours ago
- Walking Away From High Stakes Tests wp.me/p2D92I-1hA @markstrama @tmelinaraab @DianeRavitch @TAMSATX @RepJoeDeshotel @WendyDavisTexas 19 hours ago
- Kiss Michelle Rhee Goodbye wp.me/p2D92I-1iW 1 day ago
- Check out "The Teat" at Cloaking Inequity. A series that follows the money in educational policy cloakinginequity.com/category/the-t… @MikeVillarreal #$ 3 days ago
- RT @nikhilgoya_l: Great piece @mychalsmith in @TheNation: "Let's call racist school closings what they are: racist." thenation.com/blog/174385/le… 3 days ago
- RT @CohenD: Berliner explains "exogeny" - VAM models are ALWAYS shaped by external forces and cannot therefore explain dynamics elsewhere. … 3 days ago
- Education Outcomes: Texas vs. California vs. New York vs. Nation September 27, 2012
- Lurking in the Bushes: Peeking at Florida Education Miracle November 28, 2012
- MSNBC Education Nation 2012 Part II: Demanding accountability from charters September 26, 2012
- Letter to Civil Rights and school “choice” advocate (p.s. neoliberals skip this) March 29, 2013
- Why judges say charters are NOT public schools— students and parents should be nervous January 2, 2013
- Walking Away From High Stakes Tests, A Noble Lie May 20, 2013
- Kiss Michelle Rhee Goodbye May 19, 2013
- Los Chistes: “Say Hello to My Little Friend” May 17, 2013
- Absent?: Native Americans and Standards May 17, 2013
- From the Mailbag: Is Charter Legislation Inconsistent with Democratic Control of Schools? May 16, 2013
- Walking Away From High Stakes Tests, A Noble Lie | Cloaking Inequity: […] We need to get over our failure, and rea...
- Walking Away From High Stakes Tests, A Noble Lie | Cloaking Inequity: […] have not delivered (and a growing list o...
- Walking Away From High Stakes Tests, A Noble Lie | Cloaking Inequity: […] why Texas has to tell another noble lie ...
- Walking Away From High Stakes Tests, A Noble Lie | Cloaking Inequity: […] wonder why Texas has to tell another nob...
- Walking Away From High Stakes Tests, A Noble Lie | Cloaking Inequity: […] testing pre and post-NCLB by Sean Reardo...
Accountability ACT Affirmative Action African American ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Arne Duncan Attrition Charters Charter Schools Chile Community-Based Accountability Dan Patrick Dropout Emergency Legislation Florida Miracle George W. Bush High-Stakes Testing Houston Jeb Bush Jonathan Alter KIPP Knowledge is Power Program Michelle Rhee NCLB NEPC No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Rick Perry Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Senator Dan Patrick Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Urban Schools Vouchers
In the Community
Accountability African Americans Announcements Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access KIPP Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger School Finance School Turnaround Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom