Unbeknownst to some, current “reform” efforts are interconnected. One example is Teach for America and IDEA charter schools (KIPP is another corporate charter management organization started by former TFAers). IDEA was founded in 2000 by Tom Torkelson and JoAnn Gama, TFA corps members. How about a little nepotism for TFAers at IDEA? TFA also gave out awards to IDEA’s TFAers. IDEA is often in the […]
Tag Archives: Tom Torkelson
You are here: Home » Tom Torkelson
Search Cloaking Inequity
Join us at Abel’s on the Lake
Happy Hour Send OffJuly 29th, 2014
11 hours to go.
- Children Psychologically Imprisoned?: Whistleblower Reveals High-Stakes Testing Preparation November 14, 2013
- Weekend Fun: Happy Birthday Diane Ravitch! June 28, 2013
- Parent Horror Stories from BASIS: Corporate Charter Hurting Children? June 8, 2014
- “Diversity is Hard”: Will Charter Schools In Your Locale Choose Equity? November 11, 2013
- Tell-All From A TFA and KIPP Teacher: Unprepared, Isolation, Shame, and Burnout December 29, 2013
- Don’t Trust Charters More than a Sweaty Used Car Salesman (A Citizen Research Template) July 27, 2014
- Let’s Celebrate!!! Tuesday July 29 at Abel’s on the Lake in Austin July 25, 2014
- New Research: Vouchers Increase Segregation and Offer Benefits to the Few July 18, 2014
- A Move to SacTown in Song, This time it’s for REAL: A Playlist July 15, 2014
- Battle For Texas: #SaveBillPowers Has Strong Record on Race & Gender July 7, 2014
- nickiegolpashin: I totally agre with you http://icars.ph...
- Educational Policy Information: […] By Julian Vasquez Heilig Recently I have...
- Jon's loving father: You have to check this editorial out that the exec...
- Jon's loving father: Reblogged this on Exceptional Delaware and comment...
- Don’t Trust Charters More than a Sweaty Used Car Salesman (A Citizen Research Template) | Cloaking Inequity: […] In the 2014 NEPC Teach For America (TFA)...
Accountability ACT African American ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Arne Duncan Attrition Barack Obama Charters Charter Schools Chile Community-Based Accountability Diane Ravitch Dropout Emergency Legislation English Language Learners featured Great Hearts Academies High-Stakes Testing Houston Jeb Bush KIPP Michelle Rhee National Education Policy Center NCLB NEPC Network for Public Education No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Privatization Rick Perry Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Vouchers
In the Community
Accountability African Americans Announcements Breaking News Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access International Comparative KIPP Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger Quotes School Finance School Turnaround Segregation Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Twitterverse Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom