Unbeknownst to some, current “reform” efforts are interconnected. One example is Teach for America and IDEA charter schools (KIPP is another corporate charter management organization started by former TFAers). IDEA was founded in 2000 by Tom Torkelson and JoAnn Gama, TFA corps members. How about a little nepotism for TFAers at IDEA? TFA also gave out awards to IDEA’s TFAers. IDEA is often in the […]
Tag Archives: Tom Torkelson
You are here: Home » Tom Torkelson
Search Cloaking Inequity
IDRA ELL Conference
San Antonio, TXFebruary 1st, 2015
14 hours to go.
- Children Psychologically Imprisoned?: Whistleblower Reveals High-Stakes Testing Preparation November 14, 2013
- Weekend Fun: Happy Birthday Diane Ravitch! June 28, 2013
- Parent Horror Stories from BASIS: Corporate Charter Hurting Children? June 8, 2014
- Tell-All From A TFA and KIPP Teacher: Unprepared, Isolation, Shame, and Burnout December 29, 2013
- “Diversity is Hard”: Will Charter Schools In Your Locale Choose Equity? November 11, 2013
- World Premier of Short Film: @TeachforAmerica – Passion vs. Preparedness January 28, 2015
- EdMonth Storified: This Is What Happens When You Debate @TeachForAmerica January 26, 2015
- “We only have books about African Americans in February”: Be an eloquent radical January 20, 2015
- Who’s Afraid of Music?: Arizona Racial Politics Gets Insane (Again!) via @IAmKRSOne @RATM January 6, 2015
- Students MUST be heard!!: Policymakers and educators should listen January 5, 2015
- Julian Vasquez Heilig: Check out the post comparing California New York a...
- david: Interesting note, when comparing education by race...
- Teach for America Finds Growing Support in Texas: […] isn’t the only place where lawmak...
- Teach for America Finds Growing Support in Texas: […] 2.6 months of additional instruction; Ju...
- Bill Thomas: You have to have balance in your life, or a career...
#ResistTFA Accountability ACT ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Arne Duncan Attrition Barack Obama Charters Charter Schools Chile Community-Based Accountability Diane Ravitch Dropout Emergency Legislation English Language Learners featured George W. Bush Great Hearts Academies High-Stakes Testing Jeb Bush KIPP Michelle Rhee National Education Policy Center NCLB NEPC Network for Public Education No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Privatization Rick Perry Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Vouchers
Accountability African Americans Announcements Breaking News Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access International Comparative KIPP Labor Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger Quotes School Finance School Turnaround Segregation Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Twitterverse Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom