The common refrain is that charter schools are public schools. Critics, such as Diane Ravitch, have said that charter schools accept public money but act private. I have levied a variety of critiques at charters (Even made Jonathan Alter a little bit mad) despite the fact that I was an instructor at an Aspire charter […]
Tag Archives: UCEA
You are here: Home » UCEA
National Council of Urban Education Associations Fall ConferenceDecember 7th, 2013
2 days to go.
Search Cloaking Inequity
- Children Psychologically Imprisoned?: Whistleblower Reveals High-Stakes Testing Preparation November 14, 2013
- Weekend Fun: Happy Birthday Diane Ravitch! June 28, 2013
- Education Outcomes: Texas vs. California vs. New York vs. Nation September 27, 2012
- New Mathematica TFA Study is Irrational Exuberance September 12, 2013
- A Top Ten of Duncan’s Inanity: Obama’s Basketball Buddy Drops Ball on Ed November 18, 2013
- Sneak Preview: How Citizens Can Hold Teach For America Accountable December 4, 2013
- Champagne! Celebration!: Thank You Education Policy Analysis Archives Readers December 2, 2013
- Vote for 2013 Educational Policy Turkey of the Year Award November 26, 2013
- Invited Testimony: Same Shift, Different Day for Latinos and African Americans November 24, 2013
- Reframing the Refrain: Choice as a Civil Rights Issue November 21, 2013
- Joseph Schumpeter: David Bornstein opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com Pr...
- Jason: The AISD superintendent and principal's initial ab...
- Cosmic Tinker: No, Andrew, schools are not hospitals that do tria...
- Monty J. Thornburg, Ph.D.: Hello: Lack - Transparency - Distrust: While I'...
- Educational Policy vs Mental Health: The blog opinions present a conflict of school pol...
Accountability ACT African American Arne Duncan Attrition Barack Obama Charters Charter Schools Chile Community-Based Accountability Dan Patrick Diane Ravitch Dropout Emergency Legislation English Language Learners George W. Bush Great Hearts Academies High-Stakes Testing Houston Jeb Bush KIPP Michelle Rhee NCLB NEPC No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Privatization Rick Perry San Antonio Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Segregation Senator Dan Patrick Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Vouchers
In the Community
Accountability African Americans Announcements Breaking News Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access KIPP Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger Quotes School Finance School Turnaround Segregation Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Twitterverse Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom