The common refrain is that charter schools are public schools. Critics, such as Diane Ravitch, have said that charter schools accept public money but act private. I have levied a variety of critiques at charters (Even made Jonathan Alter a little bit mad) despite the fact that I was an instructor at an Aspire charter […]
Tag Archives: Washington and Lee Journal of Civil Rights and Social Justice
You are here: Home » Washington and Lee Journal of Civil Rights and Social Justice
Search Cloaking Inequity
- Children Psychologically Imprisoned?: Whistleblower Reveals High-Stakes Testing Preparation November 14, 2013
- Weekend Fun: Happy Birthday Diane Ravitch! June 28, 2013
- Parent Horror Stories from BASIS: Corporate Charter Hurting Children? June 8, 2014
- “Diversity is Hard”: Will Charter Schools In Your Locale Choose Equity? November 11, 2013
- Tell-All From A TFA and KIPP Teacher: Unprepared, Isolation, Shame, and Burnout December 29, 2013
- Let’s Celebrate!!! Tuesday July 29 at Abel’s on the Lake in Austin July 25, 2014
- New Research: Vouchers Increase Segregation and Offer Benefits to the Few July 18, 2014
- A Move to SacTown in Song, This time it’s for REAL: A Playlist July 15, 2014
- Battle For Texas: #SaveBillPowers Has Strong Record on Race & Gender July 7, 2014
- “July 4 Coup”: Governor Perry and Lackey Cigarroa Trying to Fire Powers July 5, 2014
- Food, Money, and Education… | Dancing Along the Days: […] Or even this one… […]...
- Food, Money, and Education… | Dancing Along the Days: […] Or this one… […]...
- Food, Money, and Education… | Dancing Along the Days: […] Well, imagine my surprise when I find ar...
- Horrible Special Education & Discrimination in Charter Schools isn’t just a Delaware thing, USA Snapshot #netde #eduDE @delaware_gov | Exceptional Delaware: […] Arizona & Texas: http://cloakingineq...
- New Research: Vouchers Increase Segregation and Offer Benefits to the Few | Cloaking Inequity ← NPE News Briefs: […] via New Research: Vouchers Increase Segr...
Accountability ACT African American ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Arne Duncan Attrition Barack Obama Charters Charter Schools Chile Community-Based Accountability Diane Ravitch Dropout Emergency Legislation English Language Learners featured Great Hearts Academies High-Stakes Testing Houston Jeb Bush KIPP Michelle Rhee National Education Policy Center NCLB NEPC Network for Public Education No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Privatization Rick Perry Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Vouchers
In the Community
Accountability African Americans Announcements Breaking News Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access International Comparative KIPP Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger Quotes School Finance School Turnaround Segregation Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Twitterverse Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom