Examining Higher Education Approaches to Advancing Teacher Diversity
I’m looking forward to the conversation today entitled “Examining Higher Education Approaches to Advancing Teacher Diversity” on zoom sponsored by Education Deans for Justice. Education Deans for Justice and Equity (EDJE) is a nationwide alliance of education deans that advances equity and justice in education.
The panelists have promised to not to prepare a lot of slides – though there might be 1 or 2. The goal of the panel is for it to be conversational and encourage better practice and more action nationally.
The panelists include:
– Jennifer Robinson, Executive Director of the Center for Pedagogy, Montclair State University
– Andrew Daire, Dean of the School of Education, Virginia Commonwealth University
– Kathy Schultz, Dean of the School of Education, University of Colorado-Boulder
– Gilda Martinez-Alba, Assistant Dean, College of Education, Towson University
– Julian Vasquez Helig, Dean, College of Education, University of Kentucky
The panel will be moderated by Marvin Lynn, Dean, College of Education, Portland State University
These leaders will discuss the work they are doing in their states to diversify the teacher workforce. They will also discuss their roles as leaders, share their experiences with the challenges associated with doing this work, discuss lessons learned, and offer critical insights for others who are attempting to do this important work.
There will be an opportunity for you to ask questions and share your own ideas and will be the first of a couple of different conversations given the number of individuals in this community with expertise and experience in this area.
You can join the conversation by clicking here at noon EST today.
Please Facebook Like, Tweet, etc below and/or reblog to share this discussion with others.
Check out and follow my YouTube channel here.
Click here for Vitae.