There is another education presidential candidate lurking in the Bushes with an education “miracle” being discussed extensively in the media and elsewhere. Critics have pointed out that the miracle in Florida is no more real than the education miracle in Texas that spawned No Child Left Behind a decade ago— another elegant illusion of numbers? Some […]
Tag Archives: Bush Foundation for Excellence in Education
You are here: Home » Bush Foundation for Excellence in Education
Search Cloaking Inequity
- Let @GovernorPerry veto HB5 Then people on both sides of the highway, of the tracks, etc will be annoyed with him and TX tests. New Gov. 14. 1 hour ago
- RT @TXKidsCantWait: Gov. Perry threatens veto of HB 5 (testing bill) if Lege doesn’t pass voucher bills. Yeah, that’s democracy. New gov. I… 1 hour ago
- MN also nixes TFA funding washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-s… and cloakinginequity.com/category/teach… #TFA 1 hour ago
- RT @NEPCtweet: Welner explores shift from using testing as a measurement tool for students to using them as drivers of policy http://t.co/F… 2 hours ago
- RT @TXKidsCantWait: BOR: Why is Texans for Lawsuit Reform Negotiating Public Education Legislation? bit.ly/19bsATu 3 hours ago
- RT @DianeRavitch: Why Did David Letterman Invite Only TFA for Teacher Appreciation Week? wp.me/p2odLa-4PK 5 hours ago
- RT @leoniehaimson: More controversy latest #parenttrigger in LA; 21 of 22 teachers ask to transfer out as principal ousted;parents upset ht… 6 hours ago
- Legal Ed Fund for H.S. and Law students lnkd.in/ia-fg2 @SenRoyceWest @RodneyEllis @SylvesterTurner @NAACP @Soledad_OBrien 12 hours ago
- Legal Ed Fund for H.S. and Law students lnkd.in/ia-fg2 @MALCTx @MALDEF @HispanEduca @HispanicTalent @HispanicEd @HispanicCaucus 12 hours ago
- TX legislators reach agreement on testing, graduation plans shar.es/Z9ck6 14 hours ago
- RT @blogdiva: btw @EvaLongoria from a fellow Latin American Studies MPhil (1998 NYU) CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR M.A. IN CHICANO STUDIES!!! *th… 14 hours ago
- RT @skrashen: Jesse Jackson: Child poverty is the real scandal tinyurl.com/ppdkl7h 14 hours ago
- Education Outcomes: Texas vs. California vs. New York vs. Nation September 27, 2012
- Why judges say charters are NOT public schools— students and parents should be nervous January 2, 2013
- Lurking in the Bushes: Peeking at Florida Education Miracle November 28, 2012
- MSNBC Education Nation 2012 Part II: Demanding accountability from charters September 26, 2012
- Letter to Civil Rights and school “choice” advocate (p.s. neoliberals skip this) March 29, 2013
- The Teat: Is Leadership for Educational Equity getting TFA’s dirty work done? May 24, 2013
- Rejoinder to Questions about Forces Determined to Segregate Higher Education May 23, 2013
- The Teat: IRS Loopholes/Conspiracy Benefitting School “Reformers”? May 22, 2013
- LA and the Recovery School District approach (SB1718): A P.T. Barnum Circus May 21, 2013
- New Orleans' Recovery School District: The Lie Unveiled May 21, 2013
- Lisa Stoneman: Reblogged this on Rise & Shine and commented: ...
- Monty J. Thornburg: "I’d be lying if I told you I wasn’t feeling o...
- Zane C. Wubbena: I'm developing a comprehensive list of these types...
- Wayne Au: What you describe is very close to the relationshi...
- Sylvia Jauregui: Hi Hannah! Thank you for the accolades and feedbac...
Accountability ACT Affirmative Action African American ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Arne Duncan Attrition Charters Charter Schools Chile Community-Based Accountability Dan Patrick Dropout Emergency Legislation Florida Miracle George W. Bush High-Stakes Testing Houston Jeb Bush Jonathan Alter KIPP Knowledge is Power Program Michelle Rhee NCLB NEPC No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Rick Perry Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Senator Dan Patrick Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Urban Schools Vouchers
In the Community
Accountability African Americans Announcements Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access KIPP Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger School Finance School Turnaround Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom