Win $1,000: Film Champions of Change
The Doctorate in Educational Leadership Program at California State University Sacramento produces transformative educational leaders for schools, colleges, and other settings. Our alumni have become Champions of Change around the world!
We need your talents as a filmmaker to publicize how their doctorate has empowered them to create that change.
Each contestant will be asked to create a video that highlights one of our Ed.D. alumni and their achievements. Videos will be judged based on production quality, content, creativity, with a $1,000 top prize. Submissions may be featured on our website, social media channels, our email newsletter or other channels. Your video will be viewed thousands of times as it is retweeted, shared, liked, and spread throughout our channels!
- Enter by February 15, using this online entry form. The purpose of this simple entry form is to provide us with a summary of your filmmaking experience, including a link to your work online. Contestants will then be matched with alumni subjects and will receive contact information for their alumni subject on March 1. The number of alumni participating will determine the number of competitors, with one competitor creating a video about one alumnus.
- Create a short video by May 1 that highlights one of our Ed.D. alumni and their achievements. All videos must address how their doctorate has empowered the alumnus to become a Champion of Change (someone who is making a difference in students’ lives).
- All contestants posting a final alumnus video by the deadline will be invited to the Ed.D. Champions of Change: Short Video Contest Screening, & Awards at Sacramento State on May 21, 2018, where all videos will be screened and the winners announced.
Three entries will win a cash prize:
- The First Place winner receives $1,000
- The Second Place winner receives $500
- The Third Place winner receives $250
Please refer to the Official Contest Rules for further details.
February 15, 2018: Entry deadline
March 1, 2018: Contestants provided with name and contact information for their alumni subject
May 1, 2018: Deadline to publish your final video online
May 21, 2018: Contest Screening & Awards