Reblogged from In Ravitch’s Defense: Milwaukee Voucher Study Found Wanting: Yesterday, Dr. Patrick Wolf of the University of Arkansas’ Department of Educational Reform (which is heavily funded by an influential Arkansas family bent upon educational reform– guess who?) published a scathing attack on my colleague Diane Ravitch, accusing her of venturing academically ”beyond her element,” so to speak, in her commentary of his work.
You are here: Home » In Ravitch’s Defense: Milwaukee Voucher Study Found Wanting
Author:Julian Vasquez HeiligJulian Vasquez Heilig is an award-winning researcher and teacher. He is currently a Professor of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies and the Director of the Doctorate in Educational Leadership at California State Sacramento.
Search Cloaking Inequity
CSG West Annual Meeting
Education and Workforce Committee PresentationJuly 30th, 2015
See you in Vail!
NOLA Education Research Conference
TFA RoundtableAugust 4th, 2015
3 days to go.
Cambridge Forum (Radio Version)
- Children Psychologically Imprisoned?: Whistleblower Reveals High-Stakes Testing Preparation November 14, 2013
- Weekend Fun: Happy Birthday Diane Ravitch! June 28, 2013
- Parent Horror Stories from BASIS: Corporate Charter Hurting Children? June 8, 2014
- Tell-All From A TFA and KIPP Teacher: Unprepared, Isolation, Shame, and Burnout December 29, 2013
- Teach For America: A Return to the Evidence (The Sequel) January 7, 2014
- TFA endorses Murphy’s Law July 29, 2015
- Hispanic Group in Texas Disagrees with National Organization About Standardized Testing July 28, 2015
- #TFA Help Promoting Itself on Capitol Hill July 28, 2015
- Opposite of Equity: #TFA Attempts Narrative Control July 26, 2015
- Rebecca’s letter to new #TeachForAmerica recruits #NN15 July 17, 2015
- Monty J. Thornburg, PhD: I read the article and found it disheartening that...
- Monty J. Thornburg, PhD: Thanks for re-posting this Dr. Vasquez-Heilig. I ...
- Teach for America Seeks Help Promoting Itself on Capitol Hill | Cloaking Inequity: […] In 2013, I first blogged about TFA’...
- dolphin: Reblogged this on Dolphin and commented: A brave ...
- Lloyd Lofthouse: Reblogged this on Crazy Normal - the Classroom Exp...
#ResistTFA @TeachForAmerica Accountability ACT ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Arne Duncan Attrition Barack Obama Charters Charter Schools Chicago Chile Common Core Standards Community-Based Accountability Diane Ravitch Dropout Emergency Legislation English Language Learners George W. Bush Great Hearts Academies High-Stakes Testing Jeb Bush KIPP Michelle Rhee National Education Policy Center NCLB NEPC Network for Public Education No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Rick Perry SAT School Choice School Finance Special Education STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Vouchers
Accountability African Americans Announcements Breaking News Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Curriculum Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access International Comparative KIPP Labor Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger School Finance School Turnaround Segregation Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Twitterverse Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom