Reblogged from In Ravitch’s Defense: Milwaukee Voucher Study Found Wanting: Yesterday, Dr. Patrick Wolf of the University of Arkansas’ Department of Educational Reform (which is heavily funded by an influential Arkansas family bent upon educational reform– guess who?) published a scathing attack on my colleague Diane Ravitch, accusing her of venturing academically ”beyond her element,” so to speak, in her commentary of his work.
You are here: Home » In Ravitch’s Defense: Milwaukee Voucher Study Found Wanting
Author:Julian Vasquez HeiligJulian Vasquez Heilig is currently an Associate Professor of Educational Policy and Planning and African and African Diaspora Studies (by courtesy) at the University of Texas at Austin.
Search Cloaking Inequity
- Children Psychologically Imprisoned?: Whistleblower Reveals High-Stakes Testing Preparation November 14, 2013
- Weekend Fun: Happy Birthday Diane Ravitch! June 28, 2013
- Parent Horror Stories from BASIS: Corporate Charter Hurting Children? June 8, 2014
- Tell-All From A TFA and KIPP Teacher: Unprepared, Isolation, Shame, and Burnout December 29, 2013
- “Diversity is Hard”: Will Charter Schools In Your Locale Choose Equity? November 11, 2013
- Local Accountability is HAPPENING: New, Peer-Reviewed, and LIVE in D.C.! November 20, 2014
- Lily’s Blackboard: Dimming the American Dream with Debt November 16, 2014
- Can we Evaluate #Teachers Without Using High-Stakes #Testing? November 12, 2014
- Breaking News Comic: You can Live at Home with Us November 10, 2014
- Latino Teachers: Seek Overthrow of the U.S. Government or to Improve Academic Achievement? November 7, 2014
- K Makinney: Statistically, isn't the problem the massive infla...
- Monty J. Thornburg, PhD: Analogy: Teachers and one of the worst environment...
- » Dewey, Testing Companies, and the Origin of the Common Core Band of Rebels: […] Read the rest of this blog post. […...
- Ken: That is not only Kipp! That is standard practice f...
- Q: This is well written and I am happy, for once, som...
Accountability ACT ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Arne Duncan Attrition Barack Obama Charters Charter Schools Chicago Chile Community-Based Accountability Diane Ravitch Dropout Emergency Legislation English Language Learners George W. Bush Great Hearts Academies High-Stakes Testing Houston Jeb Bush KIPP Michelle Rhee National Education Policy Center NCLB NEPC Network for Public Education No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Privatization Rick Perry Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Vouchers
Accountability African Americans Announcements Breaking News Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access International Comparative KIPP Labor Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger Quotes School Finance School Turnaround Segregation Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Twitterverse Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom