Reblogged from In Ravitch’s Defense: Milwaukee Voucher Study Found Wanting: Yesterday, Dr. Patrick Wolf of the University of Arkansas’ Department of Educational Reform (which is heavily funded by an influential Arkansas family bent upon educational reform– guess who?) published a scathing attack on my colleague Diane Ravitch, accusing her of venturing academically ”beyond her element,” so to speak, in her commentary of his work.
You are here: Home » In Ravitch’s Defense: Milwaukee Voucher Study Found Wanting
Author:Julian Vasquez HeiligJulian Vasquez Heilig is currently an Associate Professor of Educational Policy and Planning and African and African Diaspora Studies (by courtesy) at the University of Texas at Austin.
University of Michigan Ann Arbor
UROP 25th Anniversary PanelistMarch 14th, 2014
5 days to go.
Search Cloaking Inequity
- Children Psychologically Imprisoned?: Whistleblower Reveals High-Stakes Testing Preparation November 14, 2013
- Weekend Fun: Happy Birthday Diane Ravitch! June 28, 2013
- Tell-All From A TFA and KIPP Teacher: Unprepared, Isolation, Shame, and Burnout December 29, 2013
- New Mathematica TFA Study is Irrational Exuberance September 12, 2013
- Decade of Education Outcome Data: Texas vs. California vs. New York vs. Nation September 27, 2012
- Billionaires co-opt minority groups into campaign for education reform March 7, 2014
- Charter Op-Ed Misrepresents (Big Tree): My Response That They Won’t Print (Small Axe) March 5, 2014
- Pile of Old Books vs. Citizens as Critical Participants in the Great Education Debates March 2, 2014
- Watch the Network for Public Education Conference Livestreamed February 27, 2014
- Why are TFA and “reformers” perhaps the least interested in reform? February 24, 2014
- Moskowitz using the kids for her personal gain | Dolphin: […] Julian Vasquez Helig, PhD, has a great s...
- Billionaires co-opt minority groups into campaign for education reform - world.edu: […] a small, but vocal cadre of civil rights...
- Billionaires co-opt minority groups into campaign for education reform - world.edu: […] and other others such as the the Koch br...
- Julian Vasquez Heilig: 1) Sarcasm noted. Please also note the Texas data ...
- philaken: EduShyster has a good column by Camden, New Jersey...
Accountability ACT African American Arne Duncan Attrition Barack Obama Charters Charter Schools Chile Community-Based Accountability Diane Ravitch Dropout Emergency Legislation English Language Learners Great Hearts Academies High-Stakes Testing Houston Jeb Bush KIPP Knowledge is Power Program Michelle Rhee NCLB NEPC Network for Public Education No Child Left Behind Parent Trigger Privatization Rick Perry San Antonio Sandy Kress SAT School Choice School Finance Segregation Senator Dan Patrick Sen Dan Patrick STAAR Student Achievement sub-featured Teach for America TEKS Texas Texas Legislature TFA Vouchers
In the Community
Accountability African Americans Announcements Breaking News Charter Schools Community-Based Accountability Dropout Early Childhood English Language Learners High-Stakes Testing Higher Education Access International Comparative KIPP Latina/os Los Chistes Native Parent Trigger Quotes School Finance School Turnaround Segregation Standards Teacher Quality Teach For America The Teat Twitterverse Uncategorized Vouchers Wisdom